Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Muscles and Mullets

Muscles & Mullets is a short story I did with Grant Perkins and Jamie Roberts.  I'm a big fan of these two British artists, particularly when they're together.  So, I was really excited to get to work with them.  Grant's work appears twice in Zero's Heroes, albeit, not on the website.  He has a pin up in the Volume 01 trade paperback and another pin up in the Convention Special.

Muscles & Mullets is about Bolt Nova and his brother Crash.  Together they run an intergalactic detective agency where they run into any manner of alien, cartoon, or fantastic characters.  In this particular story, the Brothers Nova are hired by The Guitar Wizard to track down his priceless guitar, The Paramount Axe.  I think this is the most straightforward "comedy" story I've done so far, even more so than Zero's Heroes.  Grant and I came up with the story after a few email exchanges.  Once I realized that we had the same silly sense of humor, the whole story sort of wrote itself.  Though I can always see flaws in my work, I really liked the way this turned out and plan to do more with these characters.

Though this 10 page story was completed quite some time ago, it is finally going to appear in an upcoming anthology I'm working on that should be ready to print in January.  The anthology, titled Science Hero, will contain two other comics by myself and different artists which I believe will come together to form a really nice package.

Cover Art
Pencils - Grant Perkins
Inks - Mike Bunt
Colours - Owen Watts
Pencils - Grant Perkins
Colours - Jamie Roberts
Pencils - Grant Perkins
Colours - Jamie Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment