Friday, March 22, 2013

Wizard World St. Louis Day One

Hello everybody.  I haven't been that active on the blog lately, mostly because for the last few months, I've been preparing for my first real convention season.  This is the first year I've ever been in an Artist Alley of any kind, peddling my books Zero's Heroes and Science Hero.  Today was the first day of Wizard World St. Louis.


This is the booth, dutifully manned by colorist, Sara Rude while I take the picture.  For a first day, I can report that it went very well.  We only made a few sales, but we gave out a lot of free stickers which people seemed to respond to.  Who doesn't like free swag, right?

Needless to say, being in St. Louis, the Dogtown print got a lot of attention.  I also got a chance to chat with the awesome Chris Samnee (Daredevil, Thor: Mighty Avenger) before the convention began, who's friendliness was only overwhelmed by his talent.

I had the great fortune of meeting a lot of other really nice people, a few of whom had actually read the comic online, which was a very pleasant surprise.  Tomorrow is going to be a big day, we expect to see a lot of people corralled through the convention floor, which means we'll be giving out a lot of stickers, I'm sure.

And of course, there were a lot of great costumes.  I've never been able to commit to cosplay, myself, but I appreciate the hobby for what it is.  Here are a few of the cool costumed people who swung by our booth.

Little Link!

ADVENTURE TIME!

GHOSTBUSTERS!

Nightwing and Batgirl

Superman and Wonder Woman

Both Sara and I are looking forward to a fun day tomorrow.  Thanks to everyone who visited the booth!









No comments:

Post a Comment