Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Yeti Press

Yeti Press is a small publisher out of Chicago who publish a slew of quirky comics.  I don't have a whole lot to say about them, since I've only read one of their books, but I like the look of their website.  When I was at Wizard World, I had the pleasure of chatting with RJ Casey and Eric Roesner who sold me on their book, Pecos.  This is a fun comedy/western story that stars the eponymous Pecos Bill, a mythical western hero with a great mustache.  Roesner's cartooning carries the comedy really well



I liked this comic a lot, though if I'm being honest I think it's priced a bit high for a 16 page black and white book.  It is printed in an over sized format, but feels a little light.  Still, it was good and I'd like to read their second Pecos book.  I don't know if I'll order it from their store, but I'll look out for them at the next con I go to.



No comments:

Post a Comment